Bread! With endless choices of bread out there in the market you can go pretty wild in making an outrageous tasty sandwich. This sandwich will have you tasting flavors of sweet, savory, and spicy that will blow your taste buds away! This sandwich is so simple but complex in flavors and so versatile. You can make this with any meat of your choice or even with tofu & veggies if you are a vegetarian. A good crusty french bread slathered with butter and the marinated veggies is whole other experience within itself! Can you tell that the pickled veggies are my favorite in this sandwich? A little effort in preparing the veggies & marinating the meat will make all the difference!
Savory Pickled Vegetables:
** You can easily shorten your grocery list by purchasing the prepackaged salad kits. There are variety of Asian style salad kits readily available with these exact ingredients. It’s a real a time saver!
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 whole thinly sliced jalapeño seeded (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 water
- 1 tsp of honey
Place all the above ingredients into a large bowl or jar and let it marinate, the longer the better.
Note* The sauce for the chicken can be made from scratch or easily purchase Grill Mates 7 spice Teriyaki-30 min marinade available in the grocery store. All you have to do is add to the chicken and marinate. It is a time saver and just as good as the fresh made. I personally have done both and enjoyed them equally.
- 1 lbs bonless chicken breast
- 1 tsp sriracha (optional)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- splash of rice wine vinegar
Mix chicken and all above ingredients and marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Prepare the chicken to your liking over the grill or over high heat in a pan. Cooking will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. Just be sure not to over cook the chicken. Allow the chicken to rest for 5-7 minutes before cutting into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Toast your choice of baguettes and spread the sriracha mayo spread on both sides of the bread.
- Add sliced chicken (or marinated & cooked tofu) and top with the pickled veggies & cilantro.
- Eat immediately !
Remember don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and always remember to ENJOY & SAVOR EVERY BITE!