- Boneless skinless chicken cubed
- Yogurt ( to coat the chicken)
- salt & pepper (add a little or a lot)
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder or saffron or yellow food coloring ( strictly for color)
- 1 tsp of allspice
- couple of cloves of crushed garlic
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- 1 tbsp of Marjoram
- 1tbsp of onion powder
- Veggies of your choice onion, bell pepper, tomato
- Cilantro to garnish and lemon wedges
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and check for seasoning and adjust if need be before adding in the chicken. Let it marinate for at least an hour. Add pieces of cubed chicken and begin alternating it with veggies, onto skewers ( soaked in water wooded skewers or metal ones). Kebobs taste best when grilled over charcoal but can be just as good over gas grills. Cook for 15 min turning them frequently to get a good char on the outside all the way around and to cook evenly. Boneless chicken tends to dry out if cooked too long. Enjoy with pita breads, basmati rice and side of salad and hummus.
Enjoy and savor every bite!