Who doesn’t love PASTA! I get weak at the knees for pasta! All kinds of pasta! Pasta! Pasta! Pasta! I know there are so many versions of pasta bake out there and I have a version too. I like to use fresh ingredients as much as I can and most of the time I do. Sometimes it’s just easier to buy things already made and just put it together. In this recipe you can do the same; take short cuts where you may feel it’s helpful. This is a quick recipe that can be done in 30min and dinner is ready.
- 1 box of Pene pasta ( used Barilla)
- 1 large can of crushed roasted tomato ( organic)
- 1 small onion
- 3-4 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- 1 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Taco blend seasoning or 1 store bought
- 1 (use only half) bottle of good quality pizza sauce or marinara sauce (small)
- 1 pkg of Boursin garlic & herb cheese
- 1 cup of any cheese blend shredded
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp all purpose spice blend
- basil for garnish
- Heat up a large skillet & olive oil and add onions; sauté until transparent then add garlic & ground beef.
- Once meat is browned at salt, pepper, oregano, taco seasoning, all purpose spice blend cook for about a minute or two.
- Add in the crushed fire roasted tomatoes and cook for another 4-5 min.
- Now add in Boursin cheese and blend into the meat and turn off heat
- Boil your pasta al dente about 7 min. and drain
- In a casserole dish pour in the pasta and pizza sauce over that, then add the meat mixture over.
- Sprinkle the cheese blend over the top and sprinkle with oregano
- heat oven to 450* and cook pasta for 5-8 min just till cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil or parsley
Taco seasoning mix: mix in a bowl
- 1 tbsp of chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
Enjoy and savor every bite!