Ok, so this snack or a meal was totally done on the whim. It was a very busy day with the kiddos and leftovers were on the menu. My husband was not into having another day of Thanksgiving leftovers so, I quickly put this very filling meal together in no time flat. There’s endless possabilities to this approach and I used fresh ingredients and seasoned it very well to tantalize our senses! Now, lets talk about bread. I used Indian flat bread called Naan (which is available now in your grocery stores), but you can use pita bread, any kind of Arabic bread or any flat bread to your liking.
- feta cheese
- dried zaatar or next best thing would be fresh thyme
- Fresh basil
- cumin powder
- olive oil
- warm through your choice of bread
- slather on the hummus on the bread
- sprinkle paprika & zaatar or thyme, and salt
- sprinkle on the crumbled feta cheese
- place the bread back into the toaster oven to crisp up
- Take out the toaster and add the fresh basil chopped or whole
- Drizzle a little olive oil on top
Side note* you can chop up some olives and add that to the bread too or just serve on the side like I did. If basil’s not your herb of choice then try MINT! Oh wait, what about BOTH! Topping are endless to what you can do! So get creative and try out different toppings and herbs!
Enjoy & savor every bite!