Ah pasta! Another weakness of mine as I mentioned before. Fettuccine Alfredo is a classic. When I prepare this dish my kids go crazy! I try not to make this too often just because of the obvious! It’s too rich and definitely something you indulge in from time to time. Most people make Alfredo by making this with a little butter and flour, but I choose not to. I like it better without the flour and that’s my preference and by all means does not have to be that way for everyone. It takes a bit longer to thicken but I must say you will not even miss it!
- 1 box of any brand of fettuccine pasta
- 2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- shredded parmesan cheese to garnish
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of Adams all purpose rub mix
- 2 tsp of orgeano
- 1 tsp of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp of crush red pepper (optional)
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Start by adding the heavy whipping cream to a sauce pot and add in garlic powder, Adams all purpose mix, oregano, Italian seasoning, crush red pepper, (salt & pepper, if you prefer. Keep in mind the Adams purpose mix also has S & P) on medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and add in grated parmesan cheese and turn heat down to medium low. Cook for 25 minutes, stirring frequently so the cheese does not stick to the pot or burn.
- While the sauce is cooking boil the pasta for 8-10 minutes (al dante) with plenty of salt & a few drops of olive oil and stir to prevent sticking to one another.
- Once the sauce is slightly thick (coating a back of the spoon without dripping) then it is done. Check for seasoning adjustments.
- Drain pasta and place on serving bowl or plate. Add desired amount of sauce and top with shredded parmesan cheese and parsley & a little crush red pepper if you prefer.
Enjoy and savor every bite!
Follow me on Instagram and Pinterest! Savory eating
One Comment Add yours
This looks yummy! My family loves alfredo as well, but definitely a “sometimes” treat!