So, I make a spinach cannellini bean chicken soup all the time. Today I made a spin off this same dish, but added some lovely ingredients that made this dish even better in my opinion! Both versions are great and it all depends on what you are in the mood for. Soups are all about comfort and healing to the soul and this one will not disappoint!
- 1 cup Shredded chicken (left over rotisserie chicken)
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped spinach
- 1 can 15oz cannellini beans
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large bay leaf
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of water
- 1-1/2 tsp of Greek seasoning
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of pesto- good quality (fresh or store bought)
- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
- Sauté the onions in olive oil until transparent then add garlic & bay leaf. Just before it starts to brown add your beans & spinach.
- Let that cook for a few min, then add your spices; let that mix well then add your chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and turn heat down to medium low. After 10-15 min add the chicken, pesto, and heavy cream; Cook for another 10min.
- Serve in a bowl topping it off with parmesan cheese.
Enjoy and savor every bite!
Follow me on Instagram and Pinterest! savory eating