This taco is not like any other taco you have had before. Flavors of India are present and if your are a fan of chicken tikka then you will be a fan of this! You can make it mild or spicy as you like. I’m a big fan of salmon and make it often in many different ways. Today’s dinner was all about what I had available. A friend of mine had given me some cabbage and that made me think how I would like to use it. At first, I thought a simple salad or stir fry noodles, but then I thought I can do better and think out of the box. So went back to my roots and thought of Indian spices. It was not long before it took on a mind of its own.
- 4-5 salmon fillets
- Basic tikka masala ( available at your grocery store now a days)
- 1 tsp of salt for salmon mixture & 1 tsp for yogurt sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 limes
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt for salmon & 1/2 cup for cilantro sauce
- 1/2 cup of cilantro
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 green hot pepper (you can take out the seeds if you prefer less spicy)
- half of an onion sliced or chopped
- handful of mint to garnish & chopped mint for cabbage
- 1/2 cup of red cabbage
- 1/2 cup of green cabbage
- 1 package of pita bread or naan bread
- Marinate the salmon for at least 30min to one hour in mixture of yogurt & tikka masala.
- Then place on a tray that has been lined with foil and sprayed so the salmon does not stick.
- You can cook it either on the grill or in the oven. I preferred the oven today. 475 degrees for 10-12 min. depending on the thickness of the fillet.
Cilantro Yogurt Sauce:
- Blend together in a blender yogurt, cilantro, garlic, hot green pepper, juice of 2 limes, salt & cumin- set aside
- Cut the red & green cabbage in a large bowl
Add chopped mint
- 1 1/2 tsp of cumin (can add more if you prefer)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 lime juice
- Throughly mix everything in a bowl and adjust any seasoning – set
Putting it together:
- Heat through the pita bread or naan and apply cut up pieces of the salmon.
- Add the cabbage slaw mixture & chopped onions
- Drizzle the cilantro yogurt mixture in top
- Add the chopped mint
- squeeze a little lime juice before eating
Enjoy and savor every bite!
Follow me on Instagram & Pinterest! And don’t forget to subscribe!