Hi everyone! I’ve been missing in action since December. Lots been going on! Lots of changes in the new year! Hope everyone had a great start to their new year and started the 2016 new year with a bang! I’m eager to get back in the swing of things and excited to share new recipes!
Lets start with this savory meatballs! This can be made with ground lamb or beef. Meat of choice for me was beef because that’s what I had at hand. This dish had a little of Thai flavors along with Indian flavors. Trust me when I say you will not be disappointed with this dish! You have curry and meatballs, how can you go wrong with that and if your a fan of curry then this is the dish for you. If beef or lamb is not your meat of choice you can also use chicken. So here it is!
- 3-4 tbs of gee or olive oil
- 1 -2 medium size onions
- 2 tbs of ginger & garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato past or sauce
- 2 tbs of curry powder
- 2 tbs of red thai chili paste
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1-2 dry chillies- optional
- salt & pepper to your liking
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 pound ground beed or lamb or chicken
- one chopped onion
- 2 tsp of finer & garlic
- 2 tbsp of curry powder
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint
- 1 cup of pre boiled salted smashed potatoes
- 2 tsp of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp of cumin powder & toasted cumin seeds
- chop the onions and add to a large bowl with ground meat, ginger, garlic, curry powder, fresh mint, smash potatoes, salt & pepper, and cumin powder & seeds
- Make meatballs in the size you prefer. you can make them bigger than average or 2 spoonful worth.
- Lay them out on a oven safe tray and cook on high for 15-20 min on 400* degree oven, turning them over once.
- Set aside until adding them to the sauce
- Add the gee or olive oil with onions for about 5 min then adding in your ginger & garlic.
- After a good 2-3 min add the tomato paste or sauce and cook for a few min.
- Now add the curry powder, red thai chili paste, cinnamon stick, dry chilies and salt & pepper and cook for a good 3 min.
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock
- cook all together for a good 20-30 min until sauce thickens a little.
- Now add in the whipping cream and cook for another 15 min. You will start to see the oil separate ad sauce becomes thicker and richer in color.
- this is time to add in the meatballs and cook for another 10 min until sauce is coating the meatballs. Stirring carefully not breaking up the meatballs.
- Add Cilantro right before serving for freshness
*Serve with basmati rice flavored with chicken stock instead of water and cinnamon stick, cardamon pods, salt and pepper.
* Also, serve on the side a salad of tomato, cucumber, fresh mint, feta cheese, chopped green olives, and lemon juice, cumin powder, salt & olive oil
Enjoy and savor every bite!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!