Salads are standard in our household. No matter what the main dish is a side salad is always on the dinner table. From time to time I will make a salad as a main dish for a lighter meal. Recently, I wanted some grilled chicken to accompany my salad. Ingredients are totally up to you as to what you would like to add in your salad. I went with the Greek theme. It is so easy to make and better than what you would buy from fast food place.
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken tenders or breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest
- 1-2 tablespoon of yogurt
- olive oil
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of fresh chopped rosemary or bottled
- 1 tsp of fresh chopped thyme or bottled
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of salt & pepper
- wooden skewer soaked in water for grilling (to prevent skewers from burning). Soak skewers while the chicken is marinating.
Mix everything a large bowl and marinate the chicken for at least 30min or longer. When ready, skewer them on and grill for 8-10 min, turing the skewer for a good char all the way around. Let them sit on the wooden skewers for a minute or two before taking them off the wooden skewer and set aside.
- Romain lettuce or mixed greens of choice
- 1 large tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large english cucumber
- 1/4 cup of kalamata olives chopped
- 1/4 cup of good quality feta cheese
- half of red onion chopped or sliced
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp of chopped dill (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
Mix the dressing together and place in the refrigerator to chill and apply to salad before serving.
It seems like a lot of work for a salad but I assure you it tastes so much better than getting it from outside. You can even make a little extra marinate and chicken and freeze it for later.
Follow me Instagram & Pinterest- Savory Eating
Enjoy and savor every bite!
2 Comments Add yours
This looks so fresh! 🙂
Thanks! It was fresh and yummy! 😉
LikeLiked by 2 people